Marriage requires skills. One of the skills you should have is a good understanding of your spouse. As a husband, when you understand your wife more, it will make a great difference in your marriage and home.
There are several ways you can please your wife and make her become your best friend. Really, in marriage, that is what you are meant to be; friends!
Here are a few ways you can consciously cultivate a great
friendship with your wife.
1. Find out what her love language is and stick to communicating with that language. It may be acts of service, gifts, words of affirmation, physical touch or quality time spent together. Whatever it is, communicate with that language
2. Never stop saying, “I love you!” and make sure you mean it from the depths of your heart.
3. Never compare your wife with another woman. She is uniquely packaged and she cannot be another woman. Accept her and you will be amazed as you unlock the best in her.
4. Never shout her down. Don’t muzzle her. Let her be free to communicate without fear and trepidation.
5. Never raise your hand against her. God frowns at it, the society disapproves of it and your children will not be happy if you physically abuse your wife. If you do that, God will not answer your prayers, you might get arrested and you would have taught your children a wrong lesson.
As singles, make sure you have a mentor you see regularly to guide you in your courtship. Get relevant books, read them and discuss them. Pray for one another. Make plans for the future.
CONFESSION FOR THE DAY
I am my spouse’s best friend. Our love keeps growing daily.
PRAYERS FOR THE DAY
Lord, grant to me the grace to be a great spouse in Jesus name
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
1 Corinthians 7:3 MSG
The marriage bed must be a place of mutuality--the husband seeking to satisfy his wife, the wife seeking to satisfy her husband.
ACTION PLAN FOR THE DAY
Send a note, text, e-mail to your spouse telling her how much you appreciate him
READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR
Eph. 1 - 3
Facebook Page - www.facebook.com/kissesnhuggs
Facebook Group - www.facebook.com/groups/kissesandhuggsclub
NB - Kisses and Huggs Devotional Application is now available for download to your BB Phone or Playbook. Simply search for 'Kisses and Huggs' in the Blackberry Application world. It's free!
By Dunamis & Sophia Okunowo